You go to a carwash, leave the car, expecting to find it shiny and clean, and the last thing you want to see when returning is that your car has been damaged. It’s not impossible, as there are many triggers that can cause a damage. In this article you fill find useful tips on how to avoid car damage in a car wash service in Dubai, and what to do in case that happens.
Factors That Can Cause a Car Damage at a Carwash
- Strong Chemicals and Hard Brushes
If you decide to leave your car in an older car wash service, there is likely a chance that your car will have a treatment with chemical based car shampoos. These shampoos often end up damaging the protective coating. Hard brushes are likely to leave scratches on your car. Avoid these kind of car wash services.
- Water That Hasn’t Been Properly Recycled – Before leaving your car at a carwash, make sure it’s a service provider that uses properly recycled water.
- High Water Pressure – If there are any previous scratches on your car, these high pressure water jets can make the water get into them and damage your car additionally.
What kind of damage can occur when you take your vehicle to a carwash?
- Broken Windshield Wipers – common case in automated car wash services. The wipers can get entangled in the wash cloth and even get ripped off. To prevent this from happening, take off the wipers before taking your car to a car wash service.
- Side Mirror Broken – Before leaving your car at the washing bay, ensure that the mirror is not loose. Fold it towards the body. That way you prevent it from getting entangled in the brushes.
- Scratches – One of the most frustrating and expensive damages that can happen. This kind of damage can happen to any car wash service and there is not much you can do to prevent it from happening.
- Damaged Clear Coat and Paint – This damage is more likely to happen if you own an older car. If so, you better choose a manual carwash instead of automatic one.
- Broken Trims – Make sure you secure the trimming properly before heading to a car wash service. All the trimmings need to be tightened and properly secured.
What to do if a damage occurs?
Inspect the vehicle carefully. Make sure the damage occurred after you left the car at the carwash service in Dubai. After you affirmed the damage, the next step is to file your complaint immediately. Get to see the manager or the owner and ask for a damage claim form. Keep a signed copy for yourself. If they are not willing to give you the needed damage claim form, write it on a piece of paper.
To avoid experiencing any of these stresses, check help4u.today and check out customers’ reviews about the best car wash services in Dubai.